Monday, May 4, 2020

Go To Your Frappe Place!

Sadly, I can't go to my Frappe place right now.  With coffee shops closed (other than drive thru services) I have to find other ways to support my local shops. I do that by buying beans to make coffee at home. Most days I just like to brew a cup in my stove top espresso maker... or better yet have someone else brew it and bring it to me in bed. Lately, however, my daughter has been making frappes at home. It is a wonderful way to enjoy a cup of coffee even on a hot day. She likes to use caramel sauce, but you can use other flavors if you like.  Many recipes call for instant coffee, but I prefer it this way.
Here is her recipe:

1 C coffee
1 C milk
2 C ice
vanilla extract, to taste
caramel sauce, to taste
sugar, to taste
whipped cream

Blend it all together, pour it in a pint glass and top with whipped cream and a little caramel sauce.  Enjoy!

Easy Caramel Sauce:


I C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk
1 t. vanilla

Bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tamales and Karaoke