Thursday, September 29, 2011

It has been a long time since I've written anything for this blog.  I have been busy writing crochet patterns, and trying to get some creative ventures launched before Christmas. So far I have only sold a couple of toys and I haven't sold any patterns yet, but I'll be patient, success doe not happen overnight.  So far I've published 3 patterns in my Ravely store.  Hopefully something will come of all the hard work.    
My basketry class for BOW went wonderfully. I met lots of really nice women and they have invited me back to teach again at the next BOW in March.  I also sold the above batch of toys, a crocheted frisbee and two of my baskets in the fund raising auction and made over $215 for the program.  I had a good time and I look forward to doing it again in the Spring.


Here is a link to the Becoming and Outdoors Woman page.  You can use it to find a BOW near you.



Over the past few weeks I've cooked a lovely Paella with mussels and shrimp,  I made some lovely chilaquiles with New Mexico style green sauce, and I made this stunning hat for your amusement.  I will post my recipe for the chilaquiles soon... and if you are interested in my crochet patterns and more about my basketry you should check out my other blog Worth a Knit.

Cheers,
Jenn

6 comments:

  1. Your little creatures are darling!!! Hang in there, things will start selling!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat cracks me up. I hope your patterns take off and start selling like crazy. Are you going to sell your amigurumis at any craft shows this Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Yes Jordon I think I'm going to get a booth at the weekly market on the square. I'm also going to try selling on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..me thinks you and I should collaborate for a "things to buy before Christmas" post/giveaway.

    I bet you could sell a bunch of those adorable critters!

    p.s. LOVE that hat!

    p.p.s. Looking into BOW stuff here. So far I've only found a hiking group for the over 60.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...I just commented. ANd it disappeared. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hat! Great looking food. Super fun having women.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...