Tuesday, May 10, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness:Mother's Day, Guest Post, and Blogging Award

Mother's day weekend was terrific and certainly a very happy time for me. We spent Saturday geocaching (treasure hunting) in a gem of a spot in Central Texas called the Benini Studio and Sculpture Ranch. It is a huge outdoor area with tons of stuff to see. Here is just a sample of what you can find there.








After a hard day of hiking and hunting it was nice to relax at a pizzeria and brewery in Wimberly... The kid ate pieces of pizza that were bigger than there heads and their parents enjoyed equally big beers.







A great time was had by all!



Jenn



I am doing my first guest post today. You can find it at Simply Kate. Swing by to read about my adventures in hair care and make sure to post a comment and wish her a happy birthday!






I also wanted to thank Pinay (In Texas) Cooking Corner for awarding me the versitile blogger award.
I would like to pass this one on to a few of my fellow bloggers... I will be posting my picks on tomorrows post.

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I was loving the pictures (as always) and then I saw the last one and your daughter's expression had me laughing so hard.

    I'm so glad you had a great Mom's Day weekend!

    I'll be sure to swing on by the other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! that would be so cool to see :) love the big fish bowl of beer!! We have an awesome restraunt here that gives you a "Fish bowl" beer for your birthday!! :) Glad you had a wonderful Mother's day weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pretty neat place!

    (Your daughter looks pretty pleased about that pizza...)

    Blown away, even!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics, Jenn. Looks like you had a great time. I love that delicious slice of pizza and the big beer!

    http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to post a comment- not sure if it worked...just saying that I've been to Wimberly before (random) and that you find the coolest adventures! Your daughter's expression is priceless in that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I've been to Wimberly!

    2. You find the coolest adventures

    3. That pizza looks to die for...

    4. I, too, was laughing at your daughter's expression - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I found your blog while browsing.you have both beautiful blogs..so warm and homely.I am your newest follower.hope you can come and check my blog www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day to all... belated. Lol.
    www.rebeccabany.com
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome, Jenn!
    I'm happy to know that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :) I'm sure your girls enjoyed that huge pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Tamales and Karaoke